Assistant Manager / Lead Sales Associate
Reports to: Store Manager
This Assistant Manager is responsible for operating the store in the absence of the Store Manager and Senior Assistant Manager. He or she will also assist in managing the business in accordance with the Company policies and procedures to maximize store profit.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Ensures personnel and staff compliance to sales, customer service and satisfaction policies.
- Supports all sales initiatives, contests and events. Motivates staff to do so as well.
- Reviews opportunities in all product categories to maximize sales efforts of all Associates.
- Takes active role in entire training process for new hires and existing Associates.
- Works with Store Manager on scheduling staff.
- Provides leadership and motivation focusing on maintaining a strong selling team.
- Provides input on Associate Performance Appraisals.
- Takes an active role in resourcing and interviewing potential candidates for the store.
- Has keys to the store and is entrusted to open and close the store per policy.
- Protects Company assets.
- Takes responsibility for shipping and receiving product.
- Ensures physical condition and cleanliness of the store is in compliance with procedures.
- Keeps aware of all Loss Prevention issues and ensures Associate compliance with all polices.
- Ensures all cash handling and related bookkeeping is done properly.
- Works with Store Manager in controlling store expenses.
- Stays current in all store policies and procedures.
Merchandising / Marketing
- Ensures compliance with all corporate directives such as promotional planners, price changes and special events.
- Maintains a high standard for visual appearance of the store.
- Keeps a good working knowledge of all product lines carried. Strives to improve product
- knowledge on an on-going basis.
- Keeps all Associates aware of the need for proper organization and alphabetizing of product.
- Communicates on an as-needed basis to ensure proper in-stock position.
- Takes full responsibility for all management functions in the absence of the Store Manager and Senior Assistant Manager..
- Uses pro-active planning techniques to help schedule personnel and staff for daily and weekly tasks.
- Ensures store operates in a positive professional manner. Leads by example.
- Demonstrates a high level of enthusiasm, energy and a sense of urgency.
- Communicates all relevant issues to Store Manager that may affect store performance.
- Helps establish action plans to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Works on special projects as directed by Management.
- Candidate should have at least one year of retail experience.
- Candidate must possess professional and leadership skills and attributes.
- Candidate must desire a retail management position.